PartMgr is a lightweight SQLite based parts database that can be used to manage storages of parts (e.g. electronic components).
PartMgr is designed to manage parts for private end users. It is not a management software for commercial part distributors.
The main features of PartMgr are:
- Fully user defined hierarchical view of the parts database.
- Flexible management of parts (e.g. storage of multiple items of the same part in more than one storage location)
- Quantity management. Shows which parts and how many parts have to be ordered.
- Automatic fetching and updating of part price information from distributors (Conrad, Pollin, Reichelt).
- Open SQLite database file format that can also be read by other software.
- It is not web-based or cloud-based on purpose.
- It is written in Python 3 and based on PyQt5 or PySide. Thus it's very portable. PartMgr is tested to run on Windows and Linux.
Latest bleeding edge partmgr can be downloaded using the Git version control system as follows:
git clone https://git.bues.ch/git/partmgr.git
|or via http:||
git clone http://git.bues.ch/git/partmgr.git
|or via git:||
git clone git://git.bues.ch/partmgr.git
or by downloading the
partmgr snapshot archive.
To browse the Git repository online, go to the git web interface.
A mirror of the repository is available on GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket and on NotABug.org.
If you want to contribute to partmgr, please read the contribution guidelines first.
If you find any bugs in partmgr or if you have any suggestion for new
features, we would like to hear from you.
Your help is greatly appreciated and will help to create better software and improve the overall experience for everybody. So don't hesitate to report anything that that limits your partmgr usage.
- You may send your report via e-mail
If you have got any code improvements or other improvements that should be merged into the project, please send such enhancements to the partmgr maintainer.
Please read the contribution guidelines first.